Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Top 5 WTF Moments of 2008 E3

You will have to forgive the lateness of this post. I just came back from sweating my tail off while camping. Never, and I mean NEVER, camp in the middle of the freaking summer. Not the greatest of ideas.

Well, E3 is over and from what I have heard it was rather disappointed. I watched a good deal of E3 on G4 and various gaming sites. I have to agree with some of my journalist friends, this years E3 features a lot of WTF moments. Everybody has their opinions, here are my Top 5 WTF moments (in no particular order).

1. Duffy singing with Lips – Microsoft

Sorry, this was just inexcusable. How is this supposed to appeal to a gamer like myself? Putting a Miley Cyrus clone on stage who can’t even sing her own song right is a loser marketing strategy in my book.



2. At the Movies Demonstration – Microsoft

What do you get when you put four suits together to advertise an extremely dull game? It’s, AT THE MOVIES! I am going to give this an R rating for the pure amount of bullshit I saw on stage.

3. Jack Tretton on stage – Sony

Sony had a mediocre press conference made worse by the fact that Mr. Tretton has the people skills of Oscar the Grouch and excitement of Snuffleupagus regarding the product he is trying to sell.

4. WiiMusic Demonstration – Nintendo

Just watch the video. It is damn funny watching the suits act like they are really playing the instruments. What has come of Nintendo?

Ravi Drums was great.

5. Reggie Files-Aime on stage – Nintendo

“My name is Reggie. I'm about kickin' ass, I'm about takin' names, and we're about makin' games.” Yeah, right.

No comments: